I was hoping to get the dress to go with the coat & hat done as well, but no dice - I was pretty sick a lot of last week, and it really wiped me out! Slowed down the sewing considerably as well. It's okay; I don't need it til the end of the month. I can do that! Hopefully. So, since I have no dress, you just get the coat modeled on Mabel the dummy for now. Not as exciting, but I'll put up pictures of the coat on me after the event.
Showing posts from January, 2013
- Other Apps
It's covered in velveteen, which is why it's linty. I really need to get a lint roller. Or tape. Or something. This is what I've been working on the past few days. I'm completely out of buckram but still have a bunch of straw braid from cheap hats, so I had to sew it back together in the shape I wanted, then cover it. Still needs to be trimmed, but I have to buy feathers so I can do that! It's going to be worn with my as-yet-still-unmade red wool 1913 dress at the end of this month, when a group of friends and I are going to see the Titanic exhibit while it's at our local museum. Apologies for bad lighting and bad pictures - but it's not really finished yet, so that's my excuse. Lint, lint everywhere!
- Other Apps
Forgot to actually do this before the end of the year, whoops! And I've been sick (still am), so I didn't manage to get any sewing done. No Historical Sew Fortnightly bonus challenge for me! Sigh. Bad start to the sewing year! Well, I did get a bit of hand sewing done today that didn't require much thinking - hemming my linen 18thc fichu (that I've only been wearing unhemmed for over a year!). So that's not too bad. Anyway, on to the year in review!