Francaise Dinner 2014

I think this dinner keeps getting more fabulous every year - I don't know how we'll top ourselves next year! Everyone had such wonderful hair. A big thank-you to our organizers!

The dinner was held at the General Warren Inn, in Malvern, PA, as it was last year. They've got a great building for 18thc events, and some rooms upstairs if you want to stay over. Many of us did, though all 26 of us unfortunately wouldn't fit! And this year we bought out the place...last year there was one lonely room taken by two poor souls who must have been terribly confused by all the half-dressed people with big hair running around.

(photo by Isabella) Look at the feathers!

Yours Truly wore "this old thing" - my pink sack that I made for the first Francaise Dinner and have been wearing ever since, so I don't think I made anyone get a full-length shot of my dress. But I still really like that dress; it's such fun to wear. And I did some scary white makeup, and stuck a bunch of stuff in my hair, and felt quite fancy!
Ribbon, check; flowers, check; feathers, check!
(photo by Kat of Madame Modiste)
Good Lord. I think a garden's exploded out of the back of my head. (photo by In the Long Run)

(photo by Kat)
(photo by Kat)
Overheating in a small room! Yes, please let the 9-degree air in! (photo by Kat)
(photo by Kat)
(photo by Kat)
Our lavender fop lost his shoe bow early on...(photo by Kat)
And a couple amusing in-process shots of me...
Garters! (photo by Kat)
Needs more hairspray. (photo by Kat)
And then this morning we had a very nice breakfast - only a few of us dressed, but I'm always happy to trot out the breakfast outfit! The ties are still fraying all over everything; never got round to hemming them...
A few more people trickled down later...I went to bed relatively early! (photo by Kat)
And then I accompanied Robin back to her place to wrap her up in duct tape...but that will be another post. ;)






Nearly forgot that I need to show off my goodie bag and my winnings! First is the goodie bag - all the ladies got some variation on this theme. I was the beneficiary of a couple of extra bags of Cream Earl Grey from a couple ladies that aren't fond of bergamot (plus I got an unwanted glass of champagne from a teetotaler! I made out like a bandit).
 And there was also a raffle this year - a few American Duchess products (including a $100 gift card!), and three reticule patterns from Portmanteau Fashions. I suspected everyone would put their tickets in for the gift certificate, so I went for the other prizes. And that paid off - I won two of the reticule patterns!
Mwahaha! Excited to try these out!

Comments

  1. Yeah! More wonderful pictures of the fabulous Francaise Dinner! I am so sad that I live on the other side of the states...it looks like such a grand time! I love your dress and your hair looked awesome, just like a lovely garden! What a happiness that you won such great things in the raffle!!

    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorite events of the year...it's so nice to have a fancy event with no cleanup, I must say! And my favorite era - can't go wrong with fancy 18thc. :D

      Delete
  2. A friend forwarded this to me as we've been starting to talk about doing an 18th century event of some type in the future. It all looks wonderful; congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorite events - it's only our third year, but we've been on a quick learning curve. Good luck with your event - we've found it's a bit of an "If you build it, they will come" sort of thing! I never thought we'd get over twenty people, but here we are at twenty-six. :)

      Delete
  3. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous!! Hopefully some day I can find an event like that to go to and wear 18th century finery. :D It looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is a lot of fun; one of my favorite events of the year! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment