Fort Fred 2015

A quickie post, as this was a re-wear and I took four pictures, though I'll come back with more if some flattering ones of me pop up later. ;)

Attended the Fort Fred Market Fair in Maryland on Saturday with a bunch of friends; this is generally an annual event for us and I think it's a lot of fun, though I never buy much, myself. This year it was a pair of black silk stockings and two cakes of beeswax. Big spender. But I love seeing so many people in 18thc dress, and petting all the fabric that the sutlers have!

I didn't finish my Brunswick (big surprise, eh), but I think it's all for the best, as that cotton wouldn't really have been substantial enough for me to keep warm. It was a bit chilly and I'm always cold...wool all the way! So the cream jacket got to come out and play again.
Wore my Ugly Cloak over it all day, but did make it a point to get pics without it in the parking lot before we left...
1/ Yes, that is a fabulously unevenly-pinned stomacher. I realized after it was all pinned in, and decided it would take way too long to re-pin. The perils of parking-lot dressing.
2/ Yes, I deliberately stuffed as many differently-colored things into one outfit as I could! Pink shoes, blue stockings, red petticoat, cream jacket, brown mitts, checked fichu, and orange and green ribbons on the hat. I like to combat "but they only wore poopy boring colors Back Then!" whenever possible. (Though this might be a little more variegated than usual...)

And I was very pleased to meet two readers of my blog at Fort Fred, too! *waves madly* Being recognized from here is still novel enough for me to be quite tickled by it, so if any of you ever see me at an event, do come up and say hi! I'm not scary...maybe a bit weird though. ;)

Next up is a Regency card party in mid-May. I hope to finish the neoclassical dress I've had in the works for a while for it, but if that doesn't happen I have two dresses to choose from already.

Comments

  1. Your look lovely! I did not notice the stomacher's being lopsided! How fun with the pink shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I do love my pink shoes...up til now they've been my Nice Shoes, but since American Duchess' Dunmores are in production, they've been demoted, haha.

      Delete
  2. Hi! This is Katie, the redhead of the pair that met you at Fort Frederick. It was great to say hello! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo! It was lovely to meet you two and I hope to see you again at some costumey sort of thing! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment