Sunday, January 12, 2014

Regency sewing

So I have been doing sew-y things this week - but none of them in a picture-taking state, really.

I've started a new Regency dress - to wear on a little outing to Philadelphia next month. All my day dresses are very thin silks or muslins, and I wanted something a bit more substantial. I'd a drapey wool suiting in the stash that wasn't earmarked for anything, so I decided on that. It's not a super-exciting color (a yellowy kind of ecru with thin white stripes), but I'm going to pair it with a black spencer so I think it'll be alright.

The skirt panels of the dress are sewn together, and tonight I finally finished fitting the bodice mockup and cut the wool and the lining.

I'm also in the process of making a new reticule because the one I have is a bit on the small side. The new one's cut out and hemmed, and I've sewn a bit of the drawstring channel.

Hopefully next update I'll have something a bit more exciting to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment