Time management skills...

The short of it is, I've majorly scaled down my plans for Gettysburg sewing! Have decided to prioritize finishing the odds and ends on the pieces I already have, rather than attempting to make some more half-finished things. I did make and finish the World's Ugliest Nightgown this week, but I don't think I want to post a picture of it! It's really that ugly.

Also, I'm glad I tried on the Dress of a Thousand Triangles today, because I'm going to have to put a placket in, which is, uh, putting it generously. To say "it almost doesn't fit any more" would be sadder yet more appropriate. Thank goodness I decided to have it lace shut rather than use hooks and eyes. Well, it has been a year and a half since I last wore it... If this trend continues, I may need to make a new ballgown for Remembrance Day weekend 2014!

Bonnet No.1 bonnet is this close to done, I just need to put flowers and crap on it. I was going to bang out all the machine sewing on the other bonnet tonight, but have apparently hidden the wire from myself really well. I JUST used it, where the hell has it wandered off to?? So, gotta buy more wire after my shift at work tomorrow. (...floral wire. I've never bought real millinery wire in my life.)

Comments