Not finished outerwear. I hope no one got too excited.
First, I'll just note that the pompom spencer now has two sleeves, and they are attached. And that is good! Now I just have to sew more pompoms all over it...
In the interests of time (and never finishing anything ever), I thought I'd start work on the things I need for Gettysburg - starting with the paletot (aka coat).
I think I found about six paletots I wanted to make...but finally chose this one, not least because everything I need to make it can be found in the Stash. (Except the button forms. Gotta remember to buy those.)
The only real change I've made was to cut the sleeves considerably smaller. A bit more practical...and less drafty!
Oh, right, and I did buy silk for the lining...so that wasn't really in the stash. But the wool, the interlining, and the velvet for the trim all was! And I had a coupon for the silk.
So, anyway - the paletot is draped, fitted, cut out, and mostly sewn together. I left the sleeves off for now, because I suspect they'll be easier to trim them that way. And the lining will go in separately, later, when all the trim's on.
|And yes, it is that shade of Really Really Blue.|