Anyway, this weekend is a local costume weekend - 1860s today and a new late-1830s tomorrow that I'm, er, still putting the finishing touches on. So, there shall be pictures of things! Just not tonight, as I have to hem those sleeves.
So I'm going to leave you with a small post on the two spoon bonnets I made for my friends - not specifically for this event, but since the frames have been done for ages, this event lit a fire under my bum to actually finish them! They're both made from a Timely Tresses pattern, which I must take a moment to talk up - I love every pattern I've ever used from them; they go together so nicely! This one is the Mildred Augusta. (The bonnets ought to have blocked tips, but...that sounded like work.)
|I absolutely adore how utterly pointless this bonnet style is for any practical purpose! Gives no shade, kind of blocks your hearing, gets knocked off by low door-frames, and just perches there!|
I got nice pictures of my green and fuchsia "marquee" dress today, so I'll post about that next - after the weekend, I think!