Laurel Hill Concert

And posting those cocktail party pictures reminds me that I never posted about going to Laurel Hill in costume in July. WHOOPS.

(I was waiting for someone to send copies of some really nice shots she got of me, and then she never did, and I just forgot about the whole thing.)

Laurel Hill has a series of concerts every summer, and I occasionally go to one with my mother and grandmother. Of course I have to dress for them! This one was the Wister Quartet, at the end of July. Most excellent music, and such a wonderful setting for these intimate little performances.

(A spider definitely did crawl up my skirts and bite me on the thigh [scandalous!]...but, you know, I figure it's all part of the historical experience? To be fair to it, I felt it tickling and tried to swat it, and then it bit me, so I don't really blame it.)

I wore a new-to-me dress, and got to have the utter satisfaction of replying, "No, I didn't make it!" to people's queries all night! I bought it from Samantha of The Couture Courtesan; I have the great good fortune of being very close to her size, and actually had a bit of cash left from my tax return when she sold off a few dresses this spring. I've never been wildly thrilled with my green Regency evening dress, so this was a perfect way to get a new one without having to make it!

And it's all hand sewn. Let me tell you, I got a good deal! I haven't had an opportunity to wear it since the Laurel Hill concert, so I'm glad I got pics. Enough chattering! Pictures!
I didn't get a good shot of it, but the necklace was a birthday present from my friend Isabella, and it went perfectly with the dress! Thank you! :)


Never pet a strange cat.
Unless the cat is all "HIII LET'S BE BFFS FOREVER!" and you're like, "'Kay!" I still miss being able to have a cat terribly. (Also, thanks for the down-the-bodice shot, Mom.)

Comments

  1. awww yay!!! it looks so lovely on you! i'm so glad you like it, and that it went to such a good home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm so glad you wanted to get rid of it! :D I'm very grateful that you don't have the space to keep all the awesome things you make forever. I love this dress!

      Delete

Post a Comment