Sewing Sunday: All over the place

Not having a looming deadline has allowed me to indulge myself this past week; I have a tendency to jump around from project to project, and that's been in full swing!

I'm making good progress on J's Regency bonnet (well, alright, that could count as a looming deadline - this coming Saturday), I started Katherine Parr's smock, and I dragged out an ancient UFO. Said UFO is a 1798-1800 neoclassical gown that I started in...um...2010? Before the Automobile's robe a l'Athenienne from this spring inspired me to want to finish it, but I've just had time to think about it this week. Thankfully it only had the bodice sewn together, because I want to go in a slightly different direction than originally intended...which means the bodice has to come apart again. Well, the bodice is pretty small, so that's not much of a problem!

I mocked up, cut out, and started sewing the petticoat bodice yesterday - like Merja, I'll forgo shift and stays for this gown, so I needed a petticoat bodice that would let the bust sit at a more natural line. My short stays definitely do not qualify for that, so mockups it was.

Comments