Or, well, they like the stuff I put on this blog, anyway. I'm tickled, I promise you, to have been given the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by no less than four people over the past few days!
Chelsea, Maggie, Judy, and Trystan!
(If I'm so cool I should probably get back to sewing, so I have things to write about here, yeah? Working on it! Been taking a little break, but break time's been going on long enough, I think.)
Oh, and I've got some more followers now. Hiii!!!! *waves*
The Laws of The Award, Which I Am Going To Proceed to Break:
1. Display the award and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. State 7 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
4. Notify the winners.
Seven facts about me? Okay, I can do that. Um.
- I have never pumped my own gas. Shut up, I've lived in New Jersey my entire life!
- I've always loved reading for pleasure - I can currently see 91 books on my bookshelf from where I sit, and there are scads more I can't see. Mostly classic Brit lit, history, and historical fiction, though I've been a closet sci-fi/fantasy nerd from way back (give me my Tolkien!).
- Felt gives me the creeps. I don't know what it is, but something about the texture makes my skin crawl. And I had to carry a bolt of it around today at work. :(
- My other fiendish obsession, besides costuming and reading, is classic rock, specifically British, from about 1964-1972. Beatles WOO!
- I had braces in college. It was totally sexy, let me tell you.
- The only reason to own a television, in my opinion, is so I can watch my DVDs, Downton Abbey (and other PBS programming), and Doctor Who. My family didn't get cable until after I was out of high school, and I've never really recovered.
- I can't ride a bike. Never learned.
And I know I'm supposed to nominate and notify people about this, but I suspect I'm posting at the tail end of this go-round, so I've noticed most of the blogs I read have already been nominated. So I'm going to Break The Law and not notify the owners of the sites I do list here, most of which I've been visiting since before Blogger. But they've all been invaluable resources to me, and I highly recommend them all!
- Maggie's Costumer's Guide. I still go on here and try to decide which LoTR costume I want to make someday! Seriously. (Yes, I realize I'm a decade late on this. Eventually. When I can afford silk velvet.) Besides that - amazing resource and she's a great costumer, too. (And loves the Beatles, hello!)
- Jenny La Fleur. One of the first few costuming sites I stumbled across, and had been reading and admiring for years before I got to meet her...and yes, she really IS that fabulous in person.
- Koshka-the-Cat aka. Katherine C-G. One of those costumers that somehow manages to both inspire me with her wonderful costumes, and make me despair that I'll never be That Good!
- Sempstress. I haven't been reading as much lately, but I'm pretty sure hers was about the third costuming site I ever stumbled upon, Back In The Day (when I used to be more into 16thc...that's where I started out, you know. Or maybe you didn't) - great costumes, and she's funny!
- The West Coast Costumers: Kendra, Sarah, and Trystan. All fabulous, all crazy inspiring, and all totally unaware of my pathetic little existence. (No, wait, Trystan nominated me for this award. Shiiiit, I have ARRIVED.)
- Jen Thompson's Festive Attyre. Been reading since she had the Featured Attyre on her site (remember that?), and I felt so freakin' cool when she first commented on one of my outfits.
Er. I tend to get a little verbose. Sorry about that. (Shut up and go to bed!)