Photography wasn't allowed in the exhibit, so there aren't many pictures, but I did make sure to get a couple of my new outfit!
And the coat and hat I finished in January:
this post if you want them!)
|(This photo & the following courtesy of Kat Stelzer)|
- The dress is based on this fashion plate/pattern from the marqise.de website - she has several 1913 patterns on her site, but I really liked this one! I did some switching of what closed where, but it's still pretty closely based on the original pattern pieces - which I didn't try to draft up, just draped and got as close to the original shapes as I could.
- Worn over combinations, my 1911 Corsets & Crinolines corset, and, um, my 18thc shift, since I haven't gotten around to making a petticoat yet! Sewing on all those snaps took longer than anticipated...
It's actually quite a simple dress, once you get past the closures, and surprisingly comfortable to wear, once you've got used to the long-line corset and the 45" hem circumference! I had very good posture all day Sunday...and took very small brisk steps. Walking through the city was amusing - lots of tottering down the sidewalks and hopping up and down curbs!