Forgot to actually do this before the end of the year, whoops!
And I've been sick (still am), so I didn't manage to get any sewing done. No Historical Sew Fortnightly bonus challenge for me! Sigh. Bad start to the sewing year!
Well, I did get a bit of hand sewing done today that didn't require much thinking - hemming my linen 18thc fichu (that I've only been wearing unhemmed for over a year!). So that's not too bad.
Anyway, on to the year in review!
Think the first thing I finished was the I Want Candy sacque for the
Fabulosity Club's first Francaise Dinner . Probably my favorite
fancypants costume I've made to date!
I have a whole mess of plans for 2013, which I'm sure will change, as they always do! Here's what I've got at the moment.
- 1913 red day dress for Titanic exhibit outing; need for end of January (but will try to finish for HSF challenge #1)
- Regency evening dress for a Card Party in early Feb.
- 18thc Turkish outfit for lounging after the Francaise dinner in March
- possibly a new sacque for that dinner, but that may or may not happen, as I don't have all the fabric
- Natural Form bustle gown?
- "Curtain-along" 1780s dress
- seriously tackle the UFO bin!! It's getting ridiculous. I want to finish at LEAST three outfits/dresses out of it this year.
Plus all the Historical Sew Fortnightly challenges, some of which I plan on getting from the above list anyway. We'll see!