Bad, off-center pictures taken with the timer, but proof I can finish things! Every once in awhile.
And then the bad timer-pictures!
I started this in February and finished sewing the binding this past Friday. Speedy corset-maker I am not! Not because I had any problems putting it together, but because laaaazy. No event deadline = no finished costume.
Basic specs: made of a layer of white cotton duck, with a blush-colored rayon brocade on top of that to make it pretty. It's boned with cable ties - surprise, surprise - which is why those last two eyelets wrinkle a bit. I didn't have any ties on hand quite long enough, and wanted to finish boning the corset that night! Oh well, not a big deal.
I haven't worn it all day yet, but so far it seems relatively comfortable - the busk stops at the normal point, and I did wear the corset while sprawled all over the floor cutting out petticoat pieces (which is why those front pieces are all wrinkled up already, whoops) without a problem.
Just a couple in-progress shots.
Looking at other original corsets, I definitely could have left some of the length, but I shortened it that much on purpose - I'll be driving in this corset at some point and I didn't want to make that any more difficult than I had to!